Altima strives at all times to provide services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Altima is also committed to ensuring that, persons with disabilities receive services of the same quality that others receive and that, to the extent possible, accessible services are delivered in a timely manner.
Altima's Accessible Provision policies are intended to benefit the full range of persons with disabilities, as defined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. Altima believes that whether a person's disability is apparent or not, everyone should be treated with courtesy; made to feel welcome; and have their needs respected, whenever they interact with an Altima service.
Altima will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all patients receive the same value and quality;
- Allowing patients with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing services as long as this does not present a safety risk; using alternative methods when possible to ensure that patients with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- Taking into account individual needs when providing services;
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer's disability;
- Accommodate persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or require a support person to accompany and assist them;
- Accommodate persons with disabilities who require guide dogs or service animals (unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law or health and safety concern such as severe allergy), in which case Altima will ensure that other measures are available; in some cases verification may be required in the form of a medical letter, animal certification or valid Attorney General signed ID card; and
- Develop and implement a living Accessibility Plan and Policy to outline our accomplishments to date and to specify our current and future goals on the continuous path to identifying and removing barriers for people with disabilities.
Feedback about Altima's Accessible Service Provision Policy or its implementation can be submitted:
- Online by completing the feedback form on our Contact Us page
- By Phone to the Home Office at 1.888.4ALTIMA, ext. 218
- In Person at the Altima Dental Canada Home Office, 1 Yorkdale Road, Suite # 320, Toronto, ON, M6A 3A1, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- By Mail to the Altima Dental Canada Home Office, 1 Yorkdale Road, Suite # 320, Toronto, ON, M6A 3A1
Documents required by the Customer Service Standard are available upon request. Privacy will be respected and all feedback will be reviewed for possible action by the Altima Dental Canada Human Resources Department. Individuals offering feedback can expect acknowledgement of that feedback within five business days of its receipt.
Call 1.888.81SMILE (76453) (a FREE call) to connect to a dental centre in Ontario.
Call 310-SMILE (403.310.7645) to connect to a dental centre in Calgary, Alberta.
Reserve your complimentary consultation today!* New patients are always welcome.
*10-minute complimentary consultation is with a general dentist, & excludes x-rays or new patient exam. Fees may apply with a specialist.